Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Sneaky Attack

  • This has been a week of trying my trust and faith in God and His plan for my church, ZBC.  Someone whom I trust and love, shared some "concern" for me and my family staying and serving in our church.  I was offended to say the least and after twenty minutes of trying to defend our decision to stay at our church, I realized that satan was using this "situation" to see what I was really made of.  Was I willing to back down from our decision to stand firm where we were serving?  Was I willing to pacify this person with pat answers just to appease their conscience?  I stand amazed at how satan can use people or situations in our lives to bring on a "sneaky attack" to our faith.  It came out of nowhere and I realized I was not completely prepared for the attack.  I came home more determined than ever that our family WILL be equipped by the Lord to stand firm in our decisions to follow where He is leading.  We will prepare ourselves and our family to shield ourselves from his attacks by meeting with the Lord every morning to read & study His Word and pray for our family and the leaders of our church.
  • Let me just say, I do not attend church for any one else but for my Lord!  You don't have to like where I go, but as long as we are both serving the Lord where He wants us to be, then we are BOTH in the right place! "And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near." Hebrews 10: 24-25
  • I am in exactly the RIGHT place for me & my family to grow.  We have friends who encourage us and "sharpen us" so that we can serve Him better.  We have a children's leader who has taught my girls how to be servants and not to think of only themselves.  We have musicians, including my husband that lift Him up in EVERY worship service without fail.  The music each week ushers me into His presence and it's OK to clap your hands and move around a little!  Glad that my God thinks it's OK to be free in my worship of Him (Praise the Lord! Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens! Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his excellent greatness! Praise him with trumpet sound; praise him with lute and harp! Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and pipe! Praise him with sounding cymbals; praise him with loud clashing cymbals! Psalm 150: 1-6).  It's time some of the "pew fillers" got a little taste of that kind of praising!  We have deacons that have hearts to serve others and love Him completely (which is shown in their daily lives).  We have a pastor who unashamedly stands in the pulpit and proclaims God's truths to us.
  • Zebulon Baptist Church . . . watch out . . .God is up to something BIG!  We need to be diligent and fervent right now . . . the enemy is prowling and ready to attack!

No comments:

Post a Comment